Taki, nestled along the Ichamati River in the North 24 Parganas district of West Bengal, stands as a favored destination for picnics. Across the river lies the neighboring country of Bangladesh, creating a picturesque setting. The region boasts numerous picnic spots, many of which are situated along the riverbank. Transportation options such as van rickshaws or motor vans are available for exploring attractions like Mini Sunderban, Eco Tourism Park, Rajbari, and Pratip Saikat. Taki also houses several notable temples, including Nandalal Jiu Temple, Jora Shiv Mandir, and Kuleshwari Kali Bari, each deserving of a visit. For a serene experience, visitors can embark on a boat ride on the Ichamati River.
Taki is one of the most popular places to visit near Kolkata, especially during the weekend. If you are looking for an offbeat Destination near Kolkata, this is one of the best places you can visit.
Best Time To Visit –
Taki, endowed with natural beauty year-round, is particularly enchanting during the winter season, offering the finest quality of fresh jaggery. For those interested in cultural festivities, the best time to visit is during Durga Puja. The immersion ceremony of goddess Durga in the Ichamati River draws thousands, transcending barriers and fostering cultural harmony.
How To reach Taki –
If you’re starting from South or Central Kolkata, take the Kolkata – Malancha Road from Science City, and then follow the Malancha – Basirhat Highway.
Catch the Hasnabad Local from Sealdah Railway station and alight at Taki Road Railway station. From there, you can hire a Toto to reach your hotel.
Numerous buses travel from Kolkata to Taki. Board a bus heading to Hasnabad from Esplanade or Shyambazar via Barasat. The journey may take 2-3 hours. However, the train route is often considered more convenient.
Another route is via Barasat Chapadali. Take the Taki Road turn from Barasat, passing through Berachampa and Basirhat – Hasnabad.
Places to Visit in Taki –
- Ichamati River: Taki is situated on the banks of the Ichamati River, which forms the natural border between India and Bangladesh. The river offers scenic views, and you can enjoy boat rides or simply relax by the riverside.
- Mayer Ghat: It is a popular riverbank area where you can spend some peaceful time enjoying the serene surroundings of the Ichamati River.
- Taki Rajbari: Taki Rajbari, also known as Taki Raj Palace, is a historical mansion that dates back to the Zamindari era. It reflects the architectural grandeur of the past and is worth a visit for history enthusiasts.
- Jama Masjid: Built in the 17th century, the Jama Masjid in Taki is a historic mosque that showcases the architectural style of the Mughal period.
- Mangaldeep Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and is a significant religious site in Taki. The temple complex is well-maintained and is visited by devotees and tourists alike.
- Baro Shiva Mandir: Also known as the Twelve Shiva Temples, this cluster of temples is a religious site attracting devotees. The architecture and the religious significance make it an interesting place to explore.
- Ghatakpukur: It’s a large pond in Taki with a charming landscape. The area around the pond is ideal for a leisurely stroll or picnic.
- Fishermen’s Village: Taki has a vibrant fishing community, and a visit to the fishermen’s village allows you to witness the local way of life and learn about their traditional fishing techniques.
- Roy Chowdhury Zamindar Bari, Taki : The Roy Chowdhury Zamindar Bari is former Army General Shankar Roychowdhury’s ancestral home.
Taki Picnic Spot
Situated along the picturesque banks of the Ichamati River, Taki stands out as an ideal and highly sought-after picnic destination near Kolkata. Offering a captivating vista that extends to another country, Taki has become synonymous with a perfect getaway for locals.
Residents from various corners of West Bengal, particularly those hailing from South Bengal, flock to Taki, especially during the winter season, to revel in its charm. Securing a spot for your picnic in Taki is made convenient through local arrangements, with some even providing online booking services.
Embark on a delightful picnic experience with friends and family, surrounded by the serene beauty of nature, making Taki the ultimate choice for an unforgettable outing near Kolkata.
Hotel In Taki
Hotel Sonar Bangla Taki : Best Place to Stay in Taki
Sonar Bangla Taki, a recent addition by the Sonar Bangla group, emerges as a hidden gem in Taki, near Kolkata. Positioned along the scenic Echamoti River, Taki boasts natural beauty and historic charm. With limited accommodation options hindering tourism growth, Sonar Bangla Taki aims to transform the landscape. Just 2 hours from Kolkata, it provides an ideal retreat with the soothing sounds of the Ichamati River, heritage structures, and proximity to the Bangladesh border. Noteworthy is the enchanting Goddess Durga idol immersion ceremony, offering a unique Bengal experience. Hotel Sonar Bangla Taki promises to redefine tourism in this picturesque destination.
Check In: 12:00 PM
Check Out: 11:00 AM