Ranthambore National Park Safari | Tiger Reserve & Safari Booking
Ranthambore National Park, covering 392 sq km along with nearby sanctuaries like Mansingh and Kaila Devi, is renowned for its tigers in their natural habitat. It’s a heritage site with picturesque ruins. India, home to 70% of the world’s tiger population (around 3,167 tigers), boasts the famous Ranthambore Tiger Reserve in Rajasthan. Established in 1955, it’s one of India’s largest tiger habitats.
Ranthambore is known for diurnal tigers that are active during the day, making tiger sightings almost guaranteed. Safaris offer close encounters with tigers, along with leopards, hyenas, wild cats, reptiles, and birds. Safaris run daily from October to June, except Wednesdays. The park’s ‘Project Tiger,’ initiated in 1973, successfully preserves India’s tiger population from extinction.
Ranthambore National Park Wildlife Tour Itinerary
Day 1 – . On arrival at Sawai Madhopur Train station, pick-up & transfer to your pre-booked Wildlife Resort. After all check-in formalities, get the allocation of your rooms. Enjoy your evening at the resort with Rajasthani folk dance & Music.
Day 2 –
After morning tea / coffee / milk at the restaurant, get ready to board the morning canter safari vehicle for 3 hrs to view wildlife at Ranthambore forest. After finishing AM (morning) safari, return to the resort for breakfast & free time for leisure, relaxation or enjoying resort activities like swimming pool, indoor & outdoor games etc.After lunch, go on an afternoon canter safari at the national park, enjoy your evening at the resort with Rajasthani folk dance & music. Dinner & Overnight stay at the wildlife resort.
After morning tea / coffee / milk at the restaurant, board the vehicle to start your visit to Ranthambore Fort. Ranthambore fort is situated atop a 700-foot-high hill, bounded by an enormous stone wall inset with bastions and turrets. Return to the resort for Breakfast. Free time for relaxation. After lunch, go on a guided village tour to observe the lifestyle & culture of villagers. These nearby villages are quite well known for their wood, metal handicrafts, carpets as well as exclusive toys, ethnic ornaments and costumes. Evening return to the resort.
Day 4 –
Wake Up call at 05:30 AM. After an early breakfast, check-out at 06:30 hours, pick-up & straight transfer to Sawai Madhopur train station. Our company representative will help you with pick-up assistance & train boarding assistance & be with you till the departure of the at 07:15 Hrs.
Tour & services will end here.
Best Wildlife Safari Packages for Ranthambore National Park
Hotel In Ranthambore National Park –
Tiger Moon Resort is ideally located near the Ranthambore National Park, in the state of Rajasthan, North Western India. It is situated beautifully, with a fore ground view of Aravalli hills, sharing a virtual boundary with the Ranthambore National Park, at just a two km drive from the main gate.
Ranthambore Tour Packages
Jungle Safari Timings at Ranthambhore
The safari timings vary according to the season so it is better to confirm it before your visit.
|Month||Morning safari||Evening safari|
|1st Oct to 31st Oct||06.30 am – 10.00 am||02.30 pm – 06.00 pm|
|1st Nov to 31st Jan||07.00 am – 10.30 am||02.00 pm to 05.30 pm|
|1st Feb to 31st march||06.30 am – 10.00 am||02.30 pm to 06.00 pm|
|1st April to 15th May||06.00 am – 09.30 am||03.00 pm to 06.30 pm|
|16th May to 30th June||06.00 am – 09.30 am||03.30 pm to 07.00 pm|
Important Things to Remember for Ranthambore Jungle Safari
- It is important to book in advance for the safari, since it is a popular activity; you may not get your desired zone or vehicle or may even have difficulty getting seats if you do not book in advance.
- It is advised to take multiple safaris to increase your chances of sighting a tiger, since the sightings depend significantly on the seasons and the movement of the tiger.
- Carry plenty of water to hydrate yourself since the safari takes around 3 and a half hours to finish.
- Since the animals may be at a distance from your vehicle, you might want to carry a pair of binoculars to see them more clearly.
Recent Developments in Ranthambore Tiger Reserve
- Ranthambore has discontinued its half-day and full-day jungle safaris previously available, aiming to reduce overexposure of animals to tourists and alleviate staff stress.
- The Ranthambore Tiger Reserve is now closed every Wednesday to lessen the workload on the staff and provide a day of rest for the tigers, free from human interference.
- Visitors looking to book safari tickets in advance can now only make six reservations per month using a Single Sign-On (SSO) ID.
- Ranthambore has installed a high-tech, 24-hour anti-poaching system equipped with thermal cameras and drones to prevent the poaching of its tigers.
- Additionally, the ‘Tiger Watch’ organization is educating the youth of the Mogiya community to actively participate in conservation efforts, rather than resort to poaching as a survival means like their families.
Ranthambore Wildlife Safari Tour Package
Safari Types in Ranthambore National Park and Tiger Reserve:
Ranthambore jungle safaris come in two types and are open from October 1st to June 30th. In 2022, the park reopens on October 1st, two weeks earlier than usual.
Jeep Safari: The jeep has six seats in total including the guide or driver, Online booking is also available for Jeep Safari in advance, at least 90 days before.
Canter Safari: The canter can accommodate 20 people including a guide or driver. It applies to people who are visiting the park in a big group.
Otherwise, there are two more ways to book a jungle safari in the national park, Normal Safari and Tatkal or VIP or Just in Time safari. However, Half and Full-Day Safari are presently closed by the Rajasthan Government.
In Normal Safari, you have to book online, 90 to 120 days before visiting and register with your details. You have to choose the zone online and you are restricted to that zone only while having the four-hour safari tour.
Guides for booking Ranthambore Online Safari:
- Visitors can book their seats for a jungle safari by themselves; they have to fill up a form or they can hire an expert who deals with online booking.
- Visitors have to provide all required personal details of valid government-approved identity proof ((PAN card or Voter ID or Aadhar Card or School ID or driving licence).
- They have to mention the safari date and time carefully.
- They have to bring the original document of the valid government-approved identity proof, which is mentioned at the time of online booking.
- For foreign tourists, the details of your passport are required to book a safari in Ranthambore National Park.
A Quick Overview of Key Information About Ranthambore
|Location||Sawai Madhopur, Rajasthan, India|
|Established||Wildlife Sanctuary in 1955, Tiger Reserve under Project Tiger in 1973, National Park in 1980.|
|Total Area||1,334 km2 (515 sq mi)|
|Major Species Found in the Park||Royal Bengal Tigers, Leopards, Sloth Bears, Striped Hyenas, Sambar deer, Jackals, Indian Foxes, Crocodiles etc.|
|Best Time to Visit Ranthambore||October to June|
|Safari Types||Jeep & Canter Safari|
|Safari Timings||Morning & Afternoon Safari|
|Other Major Attractions Inside the Ranthambore Park||Ranthambore Fort, Trinetra Ganesha Temple & Lakes|
|Nearest Railway Station||Sawai Madhopur Railway Station|
|Nearest Airport||Jaipur International Airport|
|Safari Zones in Ranthambore||10 Safari Zones|
|Ranthambore’s Climate||Summers (April to June) are hot and dry, winters (October to March) are pleasant|
|Bird Species Found in Ranthambore||Over 270 species of birds are found in Ranthambore|