Best Jungle Resort In Sundarban National Park
Sundarban Wild Camp is a luxurious accommodation option in the Sundarbans, known for its exceptional three-star services. Nestled in close proximity to the Sundarban National Park, it is situated in the charming Dayapur Village on Satjhelia Island. This exquisite resort spans across an impressive 12 Bighas or 4 Acres of Land, enveloped by vast paddy fields, serene waterbodies, and lush green vegetation. Renowned as one of the premier lodging choices in the Sundarbans, it owes its distinction to its rustic village atmosphere and its nearness to the unspoiled natural beauty of the area. The vast expanses, surrounded by extensive paddy fields, offer a profound sense of seclusion in the heart of nature. What sets this resort apart is its self-sustainability, boasting its own organic vegetable farm, poultry farm, and livestock such as cows and sheep that provide fresh milk, as well as ponds stocked with fish to cater to guests’ needs.
Sundarban Wild Camp Facility
undarban Wild Camp is a luxurious village agritourism experience that seamlessly blends the charm of rural living with the comforts and amenities typically found in a 3-star modern accommodation. Here at Sundarban Wild Camp, we pride ourselves on offering top-tier lodging, complete with a wide array of contemporary conveniences. Our cuisine caters to all tastes, featuring delectable seafood and vegetarian dishes. We go beyond standard accommodations, presenting an abundance of supplementary activities designed to immerse tourists in the untamed spirit and the enchanting essence of the mystical Sundarbans.
Our comprehensive Sunderban tour packages cover transportation, dining, lodging, and a range of recreational activities such as village strolls and serene cruises within the heart of the reserve forest. We also encourage our guests to partake in local cultural activities, including folk plays, dramas, and traditional dances. Our premises are a haven for bird enthusiasts, where the sight of various kingfishers, owls, parrots, and numerous other avian species is a frequent delight.
Best Sundarban Hotels
How To Reach In Sundarban Wild Camp Resort –
Planning a tour to the Sundarbans near Kolkata involves several considerations, including the duration of your visit, how to reach the destination, and the best time to explore this unique natural habitat. Here’s a comprehensive guide on how to plan your tour:
Choosing the Duration:
- Day Tour to Sundarbans: If you have a tight schedule, you can opt for a day tour to Sundarbans. This tour typically includes visits to Sajnekhali Tiger Project, Sudhanya Khali Watch Tower, and a few narrow creeks for animal sightings.
- 1 Night 2 Days Sundarban Tour Packages: For a more in-depth experience, consider a 1-night, 2-day tour. This package often includes visits to the Bird Sanctuary, Do Banki Watch Tower, a sunset cruise, and additional narrow creeks.
- 2 Nights 3 Days Sundarban Tour Package: If you want to explore the Sundarbans extensively, choose the 2-night, 3-day tour. This tour may encompass village visits, Nethidhopani Watch Tower, Jharkhali Tiger Rescue Center, Bonnie Camp, and more.
How to Reach: To reach the Sundarbans from Kolkata, follow these steps:
- Start your journey from Kolkata and travel by road for approximately 100 kilometers until you reach the mainland’s end.
- From there, it takes around 1.5 hours by boat or 15 minutes by local transportation to enter the buffer area of the jungle.
- While there are train connections and public buses, these options may not be very convenient for tourists. Consider arranging comfortable transportation through tour operators based on your group size and budget.
Best Time to Visit: The ideal time to visit the Sundarbans or Sundarbans National Park depends on your interests and what you’d like to experience. Here are the seasonal highlights:
- Winter (December to February): This period is excellent for general exploration. Crocodiles sunbathing in mud flats are common sights during winter.
- Bird Watching (September to March): If you’re interested in birdwatching, visit between September and March when migrating birds are present.
- Summer: During the summer, natural sweet water sources dry up, making it easier to spot deer, wild boars, and even tigers visiting artificial ponds near watchtowers to quench their thirst.
Sundarbans is open year-round, and each season offers its own unique charms. Depending on your interests and preferences, you can plan your visit accordingly.
Sundarban Tour Itinerary –
Sundarban Day Tour
Sundarban Tour 1 Night 2 Days
Sundarban Tour 2 Night 3 Days
Sundarban Package Tour From Kolkata
Sundarban Safari Booking – Safari-Ticket-Booking
Sundarban Tour Package From KExploring the Sundarban National Park, the jungle safari stands out as the primary and most exhilarating experience for visitors. Various permit fees and charges are applicable, and it’s important to note that online ticket booking is not an option. Nevertheless, we are here to guide and facilitate the ticket booking process by ensuring you have all the essential documents in place.olkata
Exploring the Sundarban National Park, the jungle safari stands out as the primary and most exhilarating experience for visitors. Various permit fees and charges are applicable, and it’s important to note that online ticket booking is not an option. Nevertheless, we are here to guide and facilitate the ticket booking process by ensuring you have all the essential documents in place.
Sundarban Tour Package From Kolkata
Jungle Safari & Forest Charges:
- Sundarban Safari Tickets Booking Online Permit Cost:
- Bird Sanctuary Sunset Cruise Charges
Afternoon Boat ride for bird watching, spotting seven types of kingfisher, egret, brahmani eagles, pond heron, black cormorants, etc. and above all getting introduced to the lovely mangroves, surreal creatures like fiddler crabs, mud skipper fish, etc. The following activity does not have any jungle safari permit costs or charges, and you need not make an online booking.
- Small Mechanized Boat: Rs 500 per Hour for up to 10 passengers.
- Big Luxury Boats With Washrooms: Rs 3000 Minimum Charges for a 3 Hours Tour.
- Meals on Cruise are extra chargeable.
Safari Boat Rental Charges:
- This is the main boat cruise that will last until sunset, and during this period, you will visit 3 watch towers, namely Sajnekhali, Sudhanyakhali, and Dobanki. This covers Sajnekhali Tiger Project, Crocodile Project, Turtle Project, Mangrove Interpretation Center, Bono Bibi Temple, Sudhanyakhali Watch Tower, Dobanki Watch Tower, Canopy walk, Pirkhali, Gazikhali, and other narrow creeks, Pancha Mukhani (Five river confluence). Cruising the small channels and creeks, you will try to spot different wildlife, such as spotted deer, wild boars, civet cats, monitor lizards, crocodiles, dolphins, and, of course, the Royal Bengal Tigers. Breakfast, lunch, and other refreshments will be cooked and served on the boat.
Following are the permit charges and cost of booking Sundarban jungle safari permits which are not available online:
- Luxury Cruise Boat (15 person Capacity): Rs 6000
- Luxury Cruise Boat (15 person Capacity): Rs 7000
- Timing: 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Meals: Breakfast, Tea, Lunch & Afternoon Snacks – Rs 1000 per head.
Forest Guide Charges:
- Forest Department Approved Guide – Rs 700.
Forest Safari Boat Entry Charges:
- Boat Jungle Entry Charges – Rs 600.
- Holiday Charges Payable to Forest Department During Peak Season – Rs 500.
Person Entry Charges:
- Sundarban Jungle permit charges and cost – Rs 120 per head for Indian Nationals.
Non-Indian/Foreigner Extra Payable:
- Following are Additional Safari permit charges and cost for International Tourists.
- Boat Entry – INR 600/-
- Guide – INR 1500/-
- Person Entry – INR 500/-
Sundarban National Park Information –
Sundarban Jungle Safari exclusively operates through reserved boat tours, with no land-based safaris offered in the region. The Sundarbans Forest comprises a cluster of islands crisscrossed by backwater rivers, encompassing the vast delta area. Among the 102 islands, 52 have been designated as a national park, categorized into core and buffer areas. Access to the buffer areas and adjacent backwater creeks is permitted and considered safe for tourists, making it the primary zone for tourism activities. Notably, the most popular jungle safari destinations within the Sundarbans include the Sajnekhali, Sudhanya Khali, and Dobanki Watchtowers.
Key attractions during a Sundarban jungle safari include the Mangrove Interpretation Center, the Crocodile Project, the Turtle Germination Center, Bobo Bibi Temple, and a watchtower situated at the Sajnekhali Tiger Camp.
The Sudhayakhali Watchtower is renowned for its abundant animal sightings, owing in part to freshwater ponds that attract various wildlife. Additionally, there are animal observation lines—clearings in grasslands and forests designed for observing animals.
The Dobanki Watchtower, located closest to the jungle’s core area and famous for tiger sightings, boasts a 500-meter-long canopy or elevated platform. This feature provides an up-close view of the jungle beneath, where many tiger activities are observed. Occasional incidents involving attacks on fishermen and honey collectors have been reported in the vicinity, but tourists are not exposed to danger, as all watchtowers have secure fenced areas for visitor activities.
For those planning a Sundarban Jungle Safari, it’s important to note that online ticket bookings are not available. Instead, the process is facilitated for guests by providing the necessary details to arrange the safari experience.
Watchtower Of Sundarban National Park
Sajnekhali Tiger Project & Watch Tower
Tourist obtain permission to enter the national park from this spot for visit the 3 watchtowers. The watch tower accommodates 20 people at a time. The major attractions in this region are Bono Bini Temple, Mangrove Interpretation Center, a Turtle project and a Crocodile project. Chances of spotting wildlife are higher.
Sudhanyakhali Watch Tower
Sudhanyakhali Watch Tower is located in close proximity to Sajnekhali watch Tower, and are very popular among tourists. Most tigers, few reptiles and birds, axis deer, monitor lizard, wild boars and crocodiles may also be seen from here. There are observation lines and fresh water ponds which attract lot of animals.
Dobanki Watchtower & Canopy Walk
The Dobanki Watch Tower offers a way to view the wildlife in the most natural manner. It has a half-kilometer long canopy walk, about 20 ft from ground. The sweet water pond nearby attracts tigers, deers and other wildlife. Brahminy kites are frequently sighted here. Tiger attacks around this watch tower is frequent.
Sundarban Tiger Reserve – Sundarban National Park
The Zoological Aspects Of Sundarbans
Major Birds Found at Sundarbans: Tern, Kingfisher, Heron, Cormorant, Egret, Seagull, White Bellied Sea Eagle, Whimprel, Black Tailed Godwit, Little Stint, Sandpiper, Golden Plover, Pintail, White-eyed Pochard, Dalmatian Pelican, Osprey, Shaheen Falcon, Lesser Adjutant Stork & others.
Major Animals Found at Sundarbans:
Estuarine Crocodile, Chinese Pangolin, Spotted & Axis Deer, Wild Boar, Rhesus Monkey, Leopard Cat, Indian Fishing Cat, Common Yellow Water Monitor, Marine Indian Soft/ Flap shelled Olive Ridley Turtles, Gigantic Dolphin, Hard shelled Batagur, Terrapin, Pythons, King Kobra, various type of lizards etc.
The Botanical Aspects Of Sundarbans
Major Flora Found at Sundarbans: Sundari, Garan, Keora, Hental, Dhundul, Golpata, Passur, Garjan, Kakra