Tourist Places to Visit in Kolkata
Kolkata, the erstwhile capital of India, stands as a cultural and historical treasure trove, brimming with attractions that promise to captivate both residents and visitors. From grand monuments to lively markets, the city offers a diverse array of experiences for everyone. Kolkata, the cultural and historical capital of West Bengal, boasts a plethora of captivating tourist attractions. Here is a curated list of the top 10 places to visit in Kolkata:
- Victoria Memorial: Marvel at the grandeur of the Victoria Memorial, a stunning white marble structure built in memory of Queen Victoria. This architectural masterpiece now houses a museum featuring sculptures, portraits, and unique works of literature.
- Howrah Bridge: A stroll across the iconic Howrah Bridge is a must for any Kolkata visitor. Built in 1943, this steel marvel offers breathtaking views of the Hoogli River and stands as one of the busiest and longest bridges globally.
- New Market: Indulge in a shopping spree at New Market, a bustling maze of over 2,000 stalls offering everything from clothing and jewelry to fresh produce. Don’t miss the chance to explore and pick up unique local cheeses like Kalimpong Cheese and Bandel Cheese.
- Mother House: Pay homage to Mother Teresa by visiting the Mother House, the headquarters of the Missionaries of Charity. This solemn place features Mother Teresa’s tomb and exhibits prayer cards, medallions, and souvenirs dedicated to her life and work.
- Marble Palace: Step back in time at the Marble Palace, a neoclassical mansion surrounded by lush green lawns and galleries displaying artistic treasures. This 19th-century residence continues to be the home of the heirs of the King and even houses a private zoo.
- Dakshineswar Temple: Experience the spiritual ambiance of Dakshineswar Temple, a 19th-century temple dedicated to Goddess Kali. The temple complex, spanning 54.4 bighas, is a revered site for various festivals and showcases Bengal architecture across its three floors.
- Kalighat Kali Temple: Visit the historic Kalighat Kali Temple, over two centuries old and considered one of the 52 Shakti Peethas of India. This unique temple, associated with the right foot of Sati, boasts a distinctive image of Goddess Kali.
- Botanical Garden: Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Indian Botanical Garden, home to over 12,000 perennial plants and the second-largest canopy in the world, courtesy of the giant Banyan Tree.
- New Town Eco Park: Enjoy a leisure day at the expansive New Town Eco Park, covering 480 acres and offering outdoor activities such as ice skating, kayaking, and zorbing. The park also features beautiful art facilities and recreational options for the entire family.
- Fort William: Explore the historic Fort William, built in 1696 and named after King William. Admire the British architecture, marvel at the six gates, and discover antique cannons on display, showcasing the solid structure of this magnificent fort.
Kolkata City Tour Sightseeing Bus Car Calcutta One Day
We offer a diverse range of Kolkata City Tours, including sightseeing tours by taxi, one-day tour packages, taxi-based Kolkata darshan, meticulously planned one-day itineraries, city tours by AC buses, full-day explorations of Kolkata, and sightseeing buses. For pricing and fares on our Kolkata City Tours and Sightseeing experiences, please contact us. Additionally, we cater to the interests of our visitors by arranging walking tours such as religious walks, street food explorations, heritage walks, tram tours, river cruises, and more. Feel free to get in touch with us to customize your Kolkata experience.