Passport Agent In Kolkata
We Provide Home Assistance Service to apply for Indian Passport as well. For further information WhatsApp us @6290726577
The Passport, a crucial travel document issued by the Indian Government’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is essential for international travel, serving as proof of identity and Indian citizenship. Passport applications in India are processed by the Passport Seva Unit, with 93 passport offices across the country and 197 Indian diplomatic missions globally. Personal appearance is mandatory for all passport applications.
Whether applying for a new passport or renewing an expired one, the process can be intricate and time-consuming. Akbar Travels simplifies this process by providing comprehensive guidance, breaking down the complexities from online forms to passport fees and appointment booking. Our Passport Experts ensure a smooth and rapid online application process, offering a checklist of required documents for your convenience.
Types of Passport
India’s government issues three main types of passports:
- Ordinary Passport:
- Designed for regular travel, including leisure, business, or study trips.
- Navy blue in color.
- Valid for 10 years with 36/60 pages.
- For minors, the validity is up to five years or until they turn 18, whichever comes first.
- Diplomatic Passport:
- Issued to Indian diplomats, parliament members, and high-ranking government officials on official duties.
- Maroon in color.
- Valid for 5 years or less, depending on the official’s designation and the nature of the visit.
- Designated as “Type D” for diplomats.
- Official Passport:
- Granted to individuals representing the Indian Government on official assignments and visits.
- White in color.
- Valid for 5 years or less, based on the official’s designation and the purpose of the visit.
- Categorized as “Type S” denoting service.
The Diplomatic and Official passports serve the purpose of informing immigration and customs officials in the destination country that the passport holder is entering for official government business.
Additionally, there is an Emergency Certificate (EC):
- Issued in situations where the current passport is lost, stolen, mutilated, or expired.
- The EC allows Indians to enter India under such circumstances.
Passport Process Timing –
The standard processing time for a passport application ranges from eight to eleven weeks. However, opting for the Tatkal passport system ensures that your passport is dispatched within three business days. Delays may occur if additional information is required or if there are errors in the application. To expedite the process, ensure that your application is complete and accurate. It’s recommended to incorporate some extra time into your timeline and provide sufficient time for the entire process.
List of documents for fresh passport application
Proof of Present Address (any one of the below documents)
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook (Scheduled Public Sector Banks, Scheduled Private Sector Indian Banks and Regional Rural Banks only)
- Election Commission Photo ID (Voter ID)
- Driving License
- Electricity bill (should not be older than 3 months)
- Landline or postpaid mobile bill (should not be older than 3 months)
- Water bill (should not be older than 3 months)
- Proof of Gas Connection
- Valid Rent Agreement (notarized copy of the main page of lease which has the address or signature page)
- Ration Card
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Certificate from Employer on letter head of reputed company
- Birth certificate of child along with Parent’s passport copy (In case of minors)
- Spouse’s passport copy (First and last page including family details mentioning applicant’s name as spouse of the passport holder, provided the applicant’s present address matches the address mentioned in the spouse’s passport)
- For college/university students: A letter from your institution on the institution letterhead explaining the exact address that you presently reside in.
Proof of Date of Birth (any one of the below documents)
- Birth Certificate
- School leaving Certificate/Matriculation Certificate (issued by the school last attended)
- Pension book/Pension payment order (in respect of retired government official) or copy of an extract of the service record of the applicant (in respect of Government official); (only acceptable if it has the precise date of birth of the applicant)
- Election Commission Photo ID (Voter ID)
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving License (only acceptable if it has the precise date of birth of the applicant)
- PAN Card
- A declaration given by the Head of the Orphanage/Child Care Home on their official letter head of the organization confirming the DOB of the applicant
Photographs of size 51mm * 51mm with white background
- Address proof must match with the present address as per application.
- Providing the Aadhaar card will expedite the application process.
- For minor applicants: carry original and self-attested copies of parents passports, in case parents possess passport and documents can be attested by parents.
Which Documents Are Required for Passport Appointment?
While visiting the Passport Seva Kendra office, applicants have to carry a self-attested hard copy of all documents required for passport appointment. Along with that following documents are necessary –
- Application ARN number.
- Payment receipt for application and appointment for passport.
- Print out of the appointment confirmation page.
Steps To Get Passport Online / Home
Ryask Tourism has played a significant role in fulfilling over a million travel aspirations. Our streamlined Passport application service ensures a superior, swift, and stress-free experience. Boasting a team of highly skilled and dedicated professionals, we are committed to meeting all your passport application needs.
As you navigate through the Indian passport application process, rest assured that a dedicated Expert will be overseeing every aspect of your application.
Step 1: Select the type of passport you need and pay your passport fee online.
Step 2: Our Expert will explain the application process and share a questionnaire.
Step 3: Applicant will need to submit the questionnaire duly filled.
Step 4: Our Expert will complete your application form online, schedule appointment and email the supporting document checklist.
Step 5: Applicant will need to visit the Passport Office along with the application form, supporting documents and payment receipt for submission and biometrics
Step 6: Receive your passport